Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Recipe to Reality: Cool Mint Creme Oreo Milk Shake

Hello Sweethearts! I couldn't think of a better way to close the summer than with a delicious minty milkshake! When I first stumbled upon the Cool Mint Creme Oreo cookies, I couldn't resist thinking that we were a match made in heaven! If you have seen some of my previous posts, than you will know that I love anything marrying the two iconic flavors of chocolate and mint (check out my delicious Peppermint Patty Cupcakes here), so when I saw this recipe on the bottom of the cookie box, I couldn't wait to try it! The fact that I had many of the ingredients stocked already was also a motivator to whip up this refreshing drink!


Now, there was definitely a bit of a time lapse between when I discovered the recipe and when I finally found the right time to make it and post about it! The day I saw this recipe,  I had the 2 cups of vanilla ice-cream in my fridge that the recipe called for. A week later, I ended up having only about 3/4 of a cup of chocolate left! I didn't have the time to run to the supermarket, so making this a true "recipe to reality" post, I changed things up a little bit!

Because I didn't have the correct amount of ice cream, I decided to make one milkshake for my whole family to share.  The cup I used held about two servings of the frosty treat, so for those of you who know of this recipe (I will be posting it down below just in case you cannot find it on the cookie box later in the year) I basically halved the ingredients.  Also, I did not spoon chocolate syrup into the bottom of my cup, I actually incorporated it into the drink. As for the cookies, I chopped four of them into tiny pieces and used half of them in the milkshake. I quartered four more and used them in the dessert as well. To bring out the chocolatey flavors in the drink I added a splash of vanilla extract, and because I am obsessed with my peppermint extract I couldn't help but add some of that as well.





















It took me about a minute to get the shake smooth in my blender. After pouring it into my cup, I used the rest of the chopped Oreo pieces to top of this minty dessert!



All in all, I thought that this recipe was a clever idea and one anyone can create with little thought to the process. Because I didn't have all the correct amounts of the ingredients, I felt like the treat was not as thick of a consistency as I personally liked.  However, I have no doubt that anyone who met the requirements to make this drink would not run into any problems. But, I am proud that I was able to make it work!

COOL MINT CREME OREO MILK SHAKE (original recipe)
4 tsp. chocolate syrup
8 Cool Mint Creme Oreo Cookies, divided
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened


  1.  Spoon 1  tsp syrup into each of 4 glasses. Roll each side to coat bottom and side of glass. Finely chop 4 cookies, set aside.
  2. Quarter remaining cookies, place in blender. Add milk and ice cream, blend until smooth.
  3. Pour into prepared glasses, top with chopped cookies, Serve immediately. 


Stay Sweet,







Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily