Sunday, November 04, 2012

Recipe to Reality: Three Cheese Chicken Sausage and Orzo


I'm so glad that Candee has had some time to post and so sorry that I have been neglecting the blogosphere world! Between trying to close on a house and Hurricane Sandy, things have been less than normal here. I've still been cooking, but have all my pictures saved on a card until now when I can finally post :)

I have been really into cooking fast meals lately since our day-to-day life has been a little hectic!

I had a coupon for Johnsonville Fully Cooked Dinner Sausages, and went through some recipes on their website to see if anything struck my fancy.

I found a recipe for Three Cheese Italian Sausage with Orzo and Vegetables and went from there.

Here's What You'll Need!

  • 1 small onion, chipped
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 2 tbs. olive oil
  • 3/4 of a cup of orzo (pasta)
  • 2 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1 package of Johnsonville Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage
Put it All Together! 

1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic to the pan and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.

2. Slice sausage into pieces about 1/2 of an inch thick.

3. Add orzo to the pan with the onion and garlic, for about 4 minutes or until the orzo turns slightly brown.





4. Then add the chicken broth, chicken sausage and Italian seasoning. Mix ingredients until combined and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.



5. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.  



This was a quick and easy weeknight dinner that was packed full of flavor! Enjoy it! 

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily