Thursday, October 04, 2012

Recipe to Reality: Pork Tacos with Guacamole


I will admit that this was my first time cooking pork, but I'm positive that it was the most delicious and simplest recipe I have ever made!

I adapted this one from Food & Wine Fast magazine, and the flavor of the pork was simply incredible.

I'm telling you, spice up Taco Tuesday with this one! (nudge nudge Joe)

Serves 4
Time: 15 mins

Here's What You'll Need!

  • 2 tbs. olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tbs. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. Italian seasonings
  • 1/4 tsp. cumin
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • Pinch of cinnamon
  • Pinch of allspice
  • 1 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 1 medium white onion, chopped
  • 2 tbs. white vinegar
  • A handful of minced cilantro
  • Fixings! You could use salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce, etc. I used Mexican cheese blend and guac.
Put it All Together! 

1) In a large bowl, mix the chili powder, salt, Italian seasonings, cumin, pepper, cinnamon, and allspice.

2) Add the pork, onion, vinegar, and cilantro.



3) Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the pork and stir fry over medium high heat until browned outside and just cooked through.



(For my guac, I mashed 2 Hass Avocados, some onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and called it a day. Delish! If you haven't yet, check out my post on Frontera's Guacamole Mix which is also delicious)



4) Assemble and DIG IN!

Like I said before, these tacos were incredible. I may have to make them once a week.


Also, here is my adorable cat, Ollie, who also loves tacos.

No, I do not feed him tacos!

Stay Savory,

Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily